Peperomia Prostrata Care Tips
One of my favourite plants, owing to those gorgeous turtle print leaves, is the Peperomia prostrata or String of Turtles. I wish I could capture it in a photo (I’ve tried and failed) - the leaves remind me of marbles, as the print is often under a semi clear gel-like layer.
Some quick care tips:
- Water this one sparingly or those plump turtles will turn into mushy peas fairly swiftly - mine gets a short drink once or twice a fortnight
- Does best in bright indirect light although mine is growing albeit slowly in medium light (about 3m away from a big window)
- Very pest resistant so far, not even gnats have bothered it yet
- Like the rest of the Peperomia family, it will grow flower spikes year round which you can either let grow or snip off (mine’s due for a trim)
- Propagate from stem cuttings in water, moss or soil